The ASCO Virtual Mentors Program is a yearlong program designed to support oncologists with unmet mentoring needs. It pairs oncologists with a mentor outside of their institution through virtual technology. This program is designed to support the individual learning, growth and professional development of each mentee.
Benefits of Participating in the Virtual Mentors Program
Whatever your area of interest, the Virtual Mentors Program can support your professional development needs.
- Clinical and Research Interests
- General Career Guidance
- Publication Guidance
- Women's Professional Development
To be eligible for the ASCO Virtual Mentors Program, applicants must:
- Be an ASCO Member (or submit a membership application in conjunction with the online application)
- Commit one-hour each month to participating in the mentoring experience during the year-long program
- Commit to participating in the ASCO Mentoring Workshop, in conjunction with the ASCO Annual Meeting.
Interested in participating in the Virtual Mentors Program?
Applications are now closed.
If you have further questions about the Virtual Mentors Program, please feel free to reach out to the ASCO Professional Development Team.
All applications must be submitted in accordance to the requirements and instructions in the Virtual Mentors Program Request for Applications (RFA).
Interested in serving as a mentor?
If you are interested in being considered as a mentor for the Virtual Mentors program, or other short-term mentoring opportunities with ASCO, please click here to complete a very brief interest form.
The ASCO Virtual Mentors Program is partially supported by the Conquer Cancer Mission Endowment.