The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is proud to have achieved Joint Accreditation status, which has the distinction of being simultaneously accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). This status recognizes ASCO’s commitment to providing education for the cancer care team designed to improve health care delivery for better patient outcomes.
CE Program General Information
ASCO has been an accredited provider of continuing medical education since 1977. The Society designed the comprehensive CE program to help oncology providers acquire and maintain the knowledge and skillset needed to improve the care of patients with cancer and survivors. Developed for a variety of diverse learning styles, professional backgrounds, and levels of provider experience, all of ASCO's CE programs meet rigorous standards for education and scientific quality, as well as independence.
- CE Program Mission Statement: View ASCO’s Continuing Education mission statement
- Policies for Relationships with Companies: Access our policies regarding the management of potential conflicts of interest
CE Activity Options
Health care professionals can obtain CME and/or CE credit through participation in a variety of ASCO activities, including the ASCO Annual Meeting and co-sponsored Symposia, ASCO Education® courses, ASCO-SEP and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) self-assessments. ASCO's Joint Accreditation provider status is current through November 2022.
- Meetings and Symposia: Learn more about ASCO’s educational meetings and symposia
- ASCO Education: Access hundreds of online learning activities available for CE credits
- Other ASCO Live Programs
- Quality Training Program: Year-long program focused on the science and practice of quality improvement
- Research Community Forum: Annual meeting focused on clinical research efforts in the oncology community
- Training Program Director's Retreat: Annual meeting for oncology training program directors and coordinators
- Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop: The ASCO and AACR annual intensive workshop in Vail, CO for fellows and junior faculty developing clinical research protocols
CE Credit/Certificate Access
- ASCO CE Portal: Claim Continuing Education credits for educational meetings, download/print a certificate, or complete meeting evaluations
- ASCO Registrar’s Office: Download/print certificates for both educational meetings and ASCO Education courses, or access courses to complete assessments or evaluations
For More Information
P: 888-282-2552, 703-299-0158