The ASCO Cancer Interest Group (CIG) program seeks to support medical students interested in oncology by connecting oncology interest groups with tailored resources and information about careers in oncology and cancer care.
How To Apply
Applications for the program are currently closed.
To view a list of the current ASCO Cancer Interest Groups, please reference the 2018-2019 Roster.
Questions about becoming an ASCO Cancer Interest Group? Please email ASCO Professional Development staff.
Benefits of Becoming an ASCO Cancer Interest Group
- Sponsorship that provides funds for your school's cancer interest group
- A specialized forum to network with other students interested in oncology
- Resources to help with career choices
- Access to mentoring opportunities
- Opportunity to submit oncology-related research for possible oral or poster presentation at the CIG Abstract Forum at the ASCO Annual Meeting
CIG Abstract Forum
The CIG Abstract Forum provides the opportunity for CIG members to develop their presentation skills, receive valuable feedback on their oncology-related research, and network with peers as well as oncologists. All medical student or resident members of a current ASCO Cancer Interest Group are eligible to submit oncology-related research abstracts.
The deadline to be considered for presentation at the 2019 CIG Abstract Forum has passed.
Applicants to the 2019 CIG Abstract Forum will be notified in late February 2019.
To view a list of previously accepted abstracts, please reference the 2018 CIG Abstract Forum Program.