This award, first presented in 2007, recognizes an active clinical and/or translational researcher with a distinguished record of accomplishments in advancing the field of breast cancer and with exceptional mentoring abilities.
The award consists of an honorarium, a commemorative plaque, and support to the recipient to attend the ASCO Annual Meeting. The recipient will deliver a 30-minute lecture at the Annual Meeting.
It also provides funding to a fellow in the institution of the award recipient at a level of $50,000 for one year.
The award is not restricted to any particular country or subspecialty within the realm of breast cancer medicine.
The award recipient must agree to be interviewed by the ASCO Daily News and will also need to provide the abstract of the presentation for Annual Meeting.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 Special Awards. Submissions are due by July 9, 2018. Visit the nomination portal to submit your nominations.
Generously supported by a grant from GlaxoSmithKline Oncology
To be eligible for this award, candidates must:
- Must be an ASCO member
- Be active in the field of breast cancer research and run an active clinical and/or translational research program (This is not a lifetime achievement award for someone who has retired.)
- Have a proven track record in mentoring fellows and junior faculty
- Be able to incorporate a fellow into his/her group for a 12 month period
- Have conducted research that has had a practice-altering effect on the field of breast cancer diagnosis or treatment
- Not be a full-time employee of a pharmaceutical or a biotechnology company
- Not have received this award before
Candidates for the award are considered by the ASCO Special Awards Selection Committee. The committee considers all nominations as they have been submitted. After careful deliberations by the committee, its recommendations will be forwarded to the Board of Directors for final approval.
Please send all inquiries about this award to Special Awards.