- Early Registration Deadline Approaching: 2019 ASCO RCF Annual Meeting (July 26, 2019) Register by 11:59 PM, ET August 14, 2019 to receive the best rates. This year's meeting will feature: a training workshop on FDA audit readiness, a keynote address by Dr. Richard Pazdur, Director of FDA's Oncology Center of Excellence, and 2 town halls. View the program and register.
- New Resource: Adverse Events Reporting Decision Aid Toolkit (July 2019) As part of ASCO’s educational efforts aimed at improving the quality, relevance, and efficiency of serious adverse events (SAE) reporting, the ASCO Adverse Event Reporting Decision Aid Toolkit was developed to provide resources about adverse event and SAE reporting related to investigational drugs under the U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations for investigational new drug applications. Request the toolkit.
- New Resource: ASCO At-A-Glance Summaries (July 19, 2019) The ASCO RCF has developed At-a-Glance summaries that offer key best practices, tips, and considerations on topics related to conducting and managing clinical trials as part of the ASCO RCF's efforts to develop practical resources for sites. Learn more.
- Call for Stories: Medicaid Clinical Trial Coverage (March 2019) - ASCO is collecting stories of patients who may have been denied from enrolling in a clinical trial while being covered by Medicaid. Learn more and share your story via the ACT Network.
- Michael A. Thompson, MD, PhD, FASCO elected to ASCO Board (December 12, 2018) - Past Chair of the ASCO Research Community Forum and current Task Force member Michael A. Thompson, MD, PhD, FASCO was elected to a Community Oncologist seat on the ASCO Board, starting June 2019. Learn more.
- Join the ASCO RCF online forum (December 12, 2018) The new ASCO RCF online forum is a venue for members to engage with the research community and network, share best practices, access resources, and learn more about the ASCO RCF and its initiatives. Visit myConnection to learn more and access the forum. Note: access to myConnection requires an asco.org account.
Recent Publications and Project Updates
- Centralizing Coverage Analyses for Multi-Site Clinical Trials
- ASCO-AACI Best Practices Initiative
- Challenges With Research Contract Negotiations in Community-Based Cancer Research
- ASCO Clinical Trial Workload Assessment Project
RCF Steering Group & Task Forces
The Forum is led by a Steering Group made up of stakeholders from the research community, including physician investigators, research administrators, research nurses, clinical research coordinators, patient advocates. Forum leaders come from a range of research settings, primarily community-based research programs and academic research networks that have affiliated community-based research sites.
Each year, the Research Community Forum Steering Group selects topic areas and specific solution-oriented projects to help overcome challenges related to conducting clinical research. Task Forces are convened to advance these projects. Task Forces include content experts and representation from a range of stakeholder groups.
- Site Qualifications Task Force (2018-Present)
- Resource Development Task Force (2018-Present)
- Clinical Trial Insurance Coverage Working Group (2014-2018)
- Research Certification Working Group (2014-2017)
- Online Resources Working Group (2014-2016)
- Contract Negotiations Working Group (2014-2016)
- Workload Assessment Working Group (2011-2016)
- Quality Assessment Working Group (2011-2014)