ASCO Research Community Forum
2018 Forum Annual Meeting
Innovative Solutions. Best Practices. Excellence in Cancer Research.
This year's meeting brought together 165 physician investigators and research staff from across the country to network and collaborate, discuss challenges, and brainstorm solutions on September 23-24, 2018. The meeting featured workshops, presentations, and discussions that promoted partnerships and provided concrete strategies to overcome administrative and regulatory challenges associated with conducting and managing clinical trials and increasing patient accrual. Visit ASCO in Action for highlights from this year's meeting.
If you have questions about the meeting, please contact ASCO RCF Staff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
View the 2018 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting presentations.
Sunday, September 23, 2018
- Welcoming Remarks - Edward S. Kim, MD, FACP
- Part 1 - Optimizing Clinical Trial Sites: Building an Effective Research Program - David Waterhouse, MD, MPH; Daniel Flora, MD, PharmD
- Part 2 - Research Program Operations: Running an Effective Clinical Trial Program - Kelly Willenberg, RN, DBA, MBA, BSN, CHRC, CHC, CCRP; Marge Good, RN, MPH, OCN; Nancy Burns, RN, BSN, OCN; Kandie Dempsey, DBA, MS, RN, OCN
Monday, September 24, 2018
- Welcoming Remarks - Edward S. Kim, MD, FACP; Richard L. Schilsky, MD, FACP, FSCT, FASCO
- Keynote Address: Innovative Solutions, Best Practices, and Excellence in Cancer Research - Howard A. "Skip" Burris III, MD, FACP, FASCO
- Making the Clinical Trial Enterprise More Efficient - Kert D. Sabbath, MD, FACP; Joanne Dourado, BSN, MBA; Jennifer Gao, MD; Jill Johnston, BSc, CCRA, CPM
- Will standardizing site qualifications reduce site burden? - Dax Kurbegov, MD; Renee' Smith; Lynn Howie, MD, MA; Joanne Dourado, BSN, MBA; Jill Johnston, BSc, CCRA, CPM
- Current Issues in Health policy Related to Cancer Research - Lora Black, RN, MPH, OCN, CCRP; Shimere Sherwood, PhD
- Research Considerations for New Therapies: CAR T-Cell, Check Point Inhibitors, and Beyond - Michael A. Thompson, MD, PhD; Victoria Chiou, MD; Carlos Bachier, MD; Poornima Sharma, MD
- How can we raise clinical trial awareness, increase participation, and expedite accrual? - Greg Nowakowski, MD; Leslie Byatt, CPhT, CCRC
- Closing Remarks - Edward S. Kim, MD, FACP
CME and Nursing CE Credits available for the 2018 meeting. To access your credits, visit the CE Portal.