2019 ASCO RCF Annual Meeting
September 22-23, 2019
Save the date! Taking place September 22-23, 2019 at ASCO Headquarters in the Washington, DC metro area, the meeting is a unique venue for physician investigators and research staff to:
- Network and collaborate
- Learn and share best practices
- Discuss challenges and develop solutions
The meeting features a networking reception, training workshop, general sessions and discussions that provide concrete strategies to overcome common challenges associated with conducting clinical trials. Stay tuned for updates, including meeting content and registration information.
ASCO Research Community Forum Webinar
Optimizing Clinical Trial Sites, Implementing Best Practices, and Strategies for Success
The RCF held a webinar on December 12, 2018, which shared highlights from the ASCO Research Community Forum 2018 Annual Meeting workshop. Attendees learned strategies and best practices for building a clinical trial site and running an effective clinical trial program, including establishing institutional investment and buy-in for clinical trials, solutions to common staffing challenges, and strategies to ensure site quality. Access slides from the ASCO RCF Annual Meeting workshop below.
ASCO Research Community Forum
2018 Forum Annual Meeting
Innovative Solutions. Best Practices. Excellence in Cancer Research.
This year's meeting brought together 165 physician investigators and research staff from across the country to network and collaborate, discuss challenges, and brainstorm solutions on September 23-24, 2018. The meeting featured workshops, presentations, and discussions that promoted partnerships and provided concrete strategies to overcome administrative and regulatory challenges associated with conducting and managing clinical trials and increasing patient accrual. Visit ASCO in Action for highlights from this year's meeting.
Access the ASCO RCF 2018 Annual Meeting workshop toolkit, which includes links to helpful resources, templates, checklists, and forms to assist research sites with clinical trial operations and building an effective research program, online.
If you have questions about the meeting, please contact ASCO RCF Staff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
View the 2018 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting presentations.
Sunday, September 23, 2018
- Welcoming Remarks - Edward S. Kim, MD, FACP
- Part 1 - Optimizing Clinical Trial Sites: Building an Effective Research Program - David Waterhouse, MD, MPH; Daniel Flora, MD, PharmD
- Part 2 - Research Program Operations: Running an Effective Clinical Trial Program - Kelly Willenberg, RN, DBA, MBA, BSN, CHRC, CHC, CCRP; Marge Good, RN, MPH, OCN; Nancy Burns, RN, BSN, OCN; Kandie Dempsey, DBA, MS, RN, OCN
Monday, September 24, 2018
- Welcoming Remarks - Edward S. Kim, MD, FACP; Richard L. Schilsky, MD, FACP, FSCT, FASCO
- Keynote Address: Innovative Solutions, Best Practices, and Excellence in Cancer Research - Howard A. "Skip" Burris III, MD, FACP, FASCO
- Making the Clinical Trial Enterprise More Efficient - Kert D. Sabbath, MD, FACP; Joanne Dourado, BSN, MBA; Jennifer Gao, MD; Jill Johnston, BSc, CCRA, CPM
- Will standardizing site qualifications reduce site burden? - Dax Kurbegov, MD; Renee' Smith; Lynn Howie, MD, MA; Joanne Dourado, BSN, MBA; Jill Johnston, BSc, CCRA, CPM
- Current Issues in Health policy Related to Cancer Research - Lora Black, RN, MPH, OCN, CCRP; Shimere Sherwood, PhD
- Research Considerations for New Therapies: CAR T-Cell, Check Point Inhibitors, and Beyond - Michael A. Thompson, MD, PhD; Victoria Chiou, MD; Carlos Bachier, MD; Poornima Sharma, MD
- How can we raise clinical trial awareness, increase participation, and expedite accrual? - Greg Nowakowski, MD; Leslie Byatt, CPhT, CCRC
- Closing Remarks - Edward S. Kim, MD, FACP