Save the Date!
The date for the 2018 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting has been announced. Mark your calendars: the 2018 Forum Annual Meeting will be held September 23-24, 2018. This year's meeting theme is "Innovative Solutions. Best Practices. Excellence in Cancer Research."
This one-of-a-kind meeting provides an opportunity for physician investigators and research staff, particularly those from community-based sites, to
- Network and collaborate with colleagues from all types of research programs;
- Share best practices for effectively conducting and managing clinical research; and
- Discuss barriers and identify solutions to common challenges.
2017 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting
The 2017 meeting featured workshops on insurance coverage of clinical trials and molecular and precision medicine, in addition to:
- A networking event;
- A keynote address by ASCO President-elect, Monica Bertagnolli, MD;
- Small group discussions on key topics affecting cancer research sites today; and
- Presentations by leaders in the cancer research field spanning topics such as cancer care delivery research and big data, the impact of federal and state policies on cancer research, and reducing administrative and regulatory burden.
Read more about the meeting in ASCO in Action.
2016 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting
Bringing the Research Community Together to Share Collective Wisdom
Nearly 100 physician investigators and research staff from all types of research sites across the country attended the 2016 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting. Held at ASCO Headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia, the meeting included panel discussions on adaptive clinical trial designs, the role of research in value-based care, and clinical trial access. Participants also engaged in breakout discussion sessions on key topics related to administrative and regulatory burden associated with conducting and managing clinical trials. This activity was approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Read more about the meeting in ASCO in Action.