Since ASCO was founded more than 50 years ago, the advancement of cancer research has been a pillar of the organization’s mission. ASCO’s policy statements support this mission by providing guidance on how to improve access to evidence-based clinical trials.
ASCO policy statements provide commentary and analysis on important policy issues affecting the cancer community, including people with cancer and their cancer care teams. These statements are informed by volunteer leadership, who identify key policy issues and contribute to the development of ASCO’s policy positions.
Policy statements on cancer research include:
- Biosimilars in Oncology (April 2018)
- Addressing Financial Barriers to Patient Participation in Clinical Trials (September 2018)
- Improving the Evidence Base for Treating Older Adults With Cancer (July 2015)
- Critical Role of Phase 1 Trials in Cancer Research and Treatment (December 2014)
- Minimum Standards and Exemplary Attributes of Clinical Trials Sites (April 2008)
- Ethical, Scientific, and Regulatory Perspectives Regarding the Use of Placebos in Cancer Clinical Trials (January 2008)
- Oversight of Clinical Research (November 2002)