In less than three months, significant changes are coming to the office and outpatient Evaluation and Management (E&M) services Current Procedural Terminology (CPT ®) codes (99202-99215). Practices, physicians, and staff that have not done so already must begin preparing for these changes today to ensure a successful transition and avoid any disruption in reimbursement after January 1, 2021.
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has prepared a toolkit on ASCO Practice Central with educational materials that explain the coming changes to help the oncology community during this transition. In addition to an overview of the changes ASCO's tip sheets and other helpful tools include:
- Nine Essential Tips to Prepare Your Practice for the 2021 Evaluation and Management Coding Changes
- 2021 Evaluation and Management Changes: Selecting a Code Based on Time
- 2021 Evaluation and Management Changes: New Prolonged Services Code
- Selecting an E/M Code Based on Medical Decision Making in 2021
- Sample Timeline to Prepare for Significant Changes to Evaluation and Management Coding in 2021
Questions regarding the changes can be sent to ASCO staff at email@example.com