The next session in the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)’s free “ASCO Global Webinar Series: Experiences and Lessons During the COVID-19 Pandemic” will be held Tuesday, September 29, from 8–9 a.m. (ET)/(UTC-4), and registration is now open.
The sessions, which began April 14 and were held weekly through May 12, are now being held monthly. Each session is recorded and available to view online on demand within 24 hours.
Each hour-long webinar provides a forum for oncology care team members from around the world to share their knowledge and experiences with treating patients with cancer during the coronavirus pandemic. The webinars also allow the Society to disseminate its evidence-based guidance particularly regarding the efficient and effective use of cancer resources in this current environment.
The webinars cover two 30-minute topics each week that include a presentation of ASCO COVID-19 resources that are relevant, reports from one or two faculty members about how they are dealing with oncology care during the coronavirus crisis, and a question-and-answer session.
September 29 Webinar, “Breast Cancer During the Time of COVID-19”
Moderator: Carolyn Hendricks, MD, FASCO, Maryland Oncology Hematology, USA
- Roselle de Guzman, MD, St. Luke’s Medical Center, Philippines
- Michael Gnant, MD, FACS, Medical University Vienna, Austria
- Jessica W. T. Leung, MD, FACR, FSBI, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA
- Jorge Novo, MD, Northwestern Memorial Hospital Feinberg Pavilion, USA
- Verna Vanderpuye, MD, National Center for Radiotherapy, Oncology, and Nuclear Medicine at Korlebu Teaching Hospital, Ghana
- August 25: “Managing lung cancer in the time of COVID-19”
- July 28: “Experiences and Lessons During the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- June 30: “COVID-19 Research Presented at the 2020 ASCO Annual Meeting Scientific Program” and “ASCO’s COVID-19 Registry”
- May 12: A discussion amongst the panelists about their oncology practices’ plans for transitioning back to standard operations following the pandemic shutdown featuring ASCO President Lori Pierce, MD, FASTRO, FASCO; Jean-Charles Soria, MD, PhD, director general of Gustave Roussy, France; and Stephen Chan, MD, associate (clinical) professor, Department of Clinical Oncology, Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- May 5: “Strategies for Managing Surgical Oncology Patients in Japan During COVID-19” and the “Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Research”
- April 28: “Utilizing Telehealth to Meet Demand During the COVID-19 Pandemic” and “Self-Care/Burnout for Clinicians During the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- April 21: “Testing for COVID-19: Kits, Timing, Indications, Sensitivity and Specificity, Interpretations of Results and Testing Approaches” and “Triaging, Prescreening, and Screening Oncology Patients for COVID-19”
- April 14: “Prioritizing Management of Cancer Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Strategies to Minimize Risk of Staff from COVID-19” and “Strategies to Minimize Risk of Staff from COVID-19”
For questions or more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.