On April 14, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) hosted the first session in its free “ASCO Global Webinar Series: Experiences and Lessons During the COVID-19 Pandemic.” The seminars are held each Tuesday from 8–9 a.m. (ET) and are available to view online at your convenience. Registration is open for the May 12 session.
Each hour-long webinar provides a forum for oncology care team members from around the world to share their knowledge and experiences with treating patients with cancer during the coronavirus pandemic. The webinars also allow the Society to disseminate its evidence-based guidance particularly regarding the efficient and effective use of cancer resources in this current environment.
The webinars cover two 30-minute topics each week that include a presentation of ASCO COVID-19 resources that are relevant, reports from one or two faculty members about how they are dealing with oncology care during the coronavirus crisis, and a question-and-answer session.
May 12: Moderator: Alvaro Rogado, executive director, ECO Foundation, Spain
Topic: A discussion amongst the panelists about their oncology practices’ plans for transitioning back to standard operations following the pandemic shutdown.
- ASCO President-Elect Lori Pierce, MD, FASTRO, FASCO, University of Michigan, U.S.A.
- Jean-Charles Soria, MD, PhD, director general of Gustave Roussy, France
- Stephen Chan, MD, associate (clinical) professor, Department of Clinical Oncology, Chinese University of Hong Kong.
May 5: Moderator: Abdulrahman Jazieh, MD, MPH, King Abdulaziz Medical City, Saudi Arabia
- Strategies for Managing Surgical Oncology Patients in Japan During COVID-19
Kazuhiro Yoshida, MD, Director of Gifu University Hospital, Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgical Oncology, Gifu University, Japan
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Research
David Kerr, MD, Professor of Cancer Medicine, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
April 28: Moderator: Clarissa Mathias, MD, Nucleo de Oncologia da Bahia, Brazil
- Utilizing Telehealth to Meet Demand During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Natalie Dickson, MD, MMHC, FACP, Tennessee Oncology, USA
- Self-Care/Burnout for Clinicians During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Angelica Nogueira, MD, PhD, Medical School of UFMG, Brazil
April 21: Moderator: Alvaro Rogado, Executive Director, Fundacion ECO, Spain
- Testing for COVID-19: kits, timing, indications, sensitivity and specificity, interpretations of results and testing approaches
Oliver Vandenberg, MD, PhD, New Business and Technology Development Officer, LHUB-ULB, Belgium
- Triaging, Prescreening, and Screening Oncology Patients for COVID-19
Jeeyun Lee, MD, Associate Professor, Sungkyunkwan University, Samsung Medical Center, Republic of Korea
April 14: Moderator: Abdulrahman Jazieh, MD, MPH, King Abdulaziz Medical City, Saudi Arabia
- Prioritizing Management of Cancer Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Strategies to Minimize Risk of Staff from COVID-19
Jesús García Foncillas, MD, PhD, University Hospital “Fundación Jimenez Diaz”, Spain, and Giuseppe Curigliano, MD, PhD, University of Milan, European Institute of Oncology, Italy
- Strategies to Minimize Risk of Staff from COVID-19
Giuseppe Curigliano, MD, PhD, University of Milan, European Institute of Oncology, Italy
For questions or more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.