The Association of Clinical Oncology congratulates the eleven practices that prioritized the quality of care they provide by achieving the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification in the second half of 2020.
These practices have shown that they are committed to providing the highest quality oncology care to their patients, communities, and contemporaries.
“Through these challenging times, eleven practices have persevered and risen above to provide the highest quality of care possible,” said Association Chair Monica M. Bertagnolli, MD, FACS, FASCO. “With the dedication of practices like these, we get one step closer to conquering cancer.”
During the third and fourth quarters of 2020, the following practices achieved QOPI Certification or Re-certification, which is valid for a three-year period:
- Geisinger Clinic- Western Region - Danville, PA
- IHA Hematology Oncology – Ypsilanti, MI
- IU Health Simon Cancer Center - Hematology Oncology - Indianapolis, IN
- John Theurer Cancer Center - Headquarters - Hackensack, NJ
- Kingsbury Pavilion - Keene, NH
- NBIMC Frederick B. Cohen, MD Cancer Center - Newark, NJ
- Northwest Medical Specialties, PLLC - Tacoma, WA
- Providence Regional Cancer Partnership – Jonesboro, AR
- Simmons Cancer Institute - Springfield, IL
- St. Bernards Cancer Center - Jonesboro, AR
- UF Health Cancer Center - Gainesville, FL
The QOPI® Certification Program, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Association for Clinical Oncology (Association) and an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (Society), recognizes the delivery of high-quality care to patients in outpatient hematology-oncology practices. The QOPI Certification Standards serve as the framework for the program and as a guide to the best practices in oncology care.
Individual practices are eligible to receive QOPI Certification based on their compliance with QOPI standards as assessed during an on-site survey. The QOPI quality standards address practice performance in several key areas, including:
- Creating a safe environment—staffing, competencies, and general policy
- Treatment planning, patient consent, and education
- Ordering, preparing, dispensing, and administering chemotherapy
- Monitoring after chemotherapy is given, including adherence, toxicity, and complications.
More than 300 practices worldwide are currently QOPI Certified. View the names and locations of all Certified practices around the world.
The Association and the Society are dedicated to innovative quality improvement programs, such as QOPI Certification, to foster the delivery of high-quality patient care around the world. As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency, ASCO has suspended all travel for onsite surveys until June 30, 2021, and has granted extensions to all re-certifying practices that are affected by delays. For more information, please visit ASCO Practice Central.