The Association of Clinical Oncology congratulates the eighteen practices that prioritized the quality of care they provide by achieving the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification in the second quarter of 2020.
These practices have shown that they are committed to providing the highest-quality oncology care to their patients, communities, and contemporaries.
“With the difficult times we’ve been facing globally, quality care is more vital than ever,” said, Association Chair Monica M. Bertagnolli, MD, FACS, FASCO. “We are extremely grateful that eighteen practices recognized the importance of continuing quality care and joined the ranks of over 300 QOPI certified practices working to conquer cancer.”
During the second quarter of 2020, the following practices achieved QOPI Certification or Re-certification, which is valid for a three-year period:
- Baptist Cancer Center Physician's Foundation - Memphis, TN
- Dickinson Hematology/Oncology Clinic - Iron Mountain, MI
- Grupo Oncoclínicas Rio de Janeiro - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Grupo Oncoclínicas: Centro de Tratamento Oncológico Ipanema - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Grupo Oncoclínicas: Centro Paulista de Oncologia - Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Grupo Oncoclínicas: Núcleo de Oncologia da Bahia - Salvador, Brazil
- Grupo Oncoclínicas: Recife - Pernambuco, Brazil
- Hospital Clinico San Carlos - Madrid, Spain
- McGlinn Cancer Institute - RHPN Hematology/Oncology - Reading, PA
- McLaren Greater Lansing/MMP Hematology & Oncology - Lansing, MI
- Northern Michigan Hematology Oncology - Bay Harbor, MI
- Oncocentro De Minas Gerais - Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Oncology Practice Pikeville Medical Center - Pikeville, KY
- Pacific Shores Medical Group - Long Beach, CA
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation - Palo Alto, CA
- Southwest Oncology Mercy Regional Medical Center - Durango, CO
- Sparrow Regional Cancer Ctr. - Sparrow Medical Oncology - Lansing, MI
- The Center for Hematology Oncology - Boca Raton, FL
The QOPI® Certification Program, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Association for Clinical Oncology (Association) and an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (Society), recognizes the delivery of high-quality care to patients in outpatient hematology-oncology practices. The QOPI Certification Standards serve as the framework for the program and as a guide to the best practices in oncology care. Individual practices are eligible to receive QOPI Certification based on their compliance with QOPI standards as assessed during an on-site survey. The QOPI quality standards address practice performance in several key areas, including:
- Creating a safe environment—staffing, competencies, and general policy
- Treatment planning, patient consent, and education
- Ordering, preparing, dispensing, and administering chemotherapy
- Monitoring after chemotherapy is given, including adherence, toxicity and complications.
More than 300 practices worldwide are currently QOPI Certified. View the names and locations of all Certified practices around the world.
The Association and the Society are dedicated to innovative quality improvement programs, such as QOPI Certification, to foster the delivery of high-quality patient care around the world. For more information, please visit ASCO Practice Central.