The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced important updates for 2019 and 2020 Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) participants, including the 2019 data submission period for MIPS eligible clinicians and how participants can check their 2020 MIPS eligibility.
MIPS eligible clinicians who participated in the 2019 performance period of the Quality Payment Program (QPP) can submit data from January 2, 2020 10:00 a.m. ET until March 31, 2020 8:00 p.m. ET. After registering in the HCQIS Authorization Roles and Profile (HARP) system, follow these steps to submit data:
- Go to the Quality Payment Program website
- Sign in using your QPP access credentials
- Submit your MIPS data for the 2019 performance period or review the data reported on your behalf by a third party
Participants can also check their 2020 MIPS eligibility through CMS’ updated Quality Payment Program Participation Status Lookup Tool. To be eligible, clinicians must exceed all three of the criteria below; however, clinicians meeting some but not all of these criteria may “opt in”:
- Bill more than $90,000 a year in allowed charges for covered professional services under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS)
- Furnish covered professional services to more than 200 Medicare Part B beneficiaries
- Provide more than 200 covered professional services under the MPFS
Questions? Contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 or at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov.
Stay tuned to ASCO in Action for updates about MIPS participation and other cancer policy news.