ASCO Research Community Forum
2018 Forum Annual Meeting
Innovative Solutions. Best Practices. Excellence in Cancer Research.
September 23-24, 2018 | DC Metro Area
Register today – space is limited.
Early registration deadline: August 15, 2018.
This one-of-a-kind meeting provides an opportunity for physician investigators and research staff, particularly those from community-based sites, to
- Network and collaborate with colleagues from all types of research programs;
- Share best practices for effectively conducting and managing clinical research; and
- Discuss barriers and identify solutions to common challenges.
The meeting features workshops, presentations, and discussions that promote partnerships and provide concrete strategies to overcome administrative and regulatory challenges associated with conducting and managing clinical trials and increasing patient accrual.
September 23, 2018
- Workshop - "The Business of Clincial Trials - Optimizing Clinical Trial Sites and Implementing Best Practices"
- Networking Reception
September 24, 2018
- Keynote Address by Howard A. "Skip" Burris III, MD, FACP, FASCO
- General sessions, discussions, and breakout sessions on topics including:
- How Can We Make the Clinical Trial Enterprise Function More Efficiently?
- Will standardizing site qualifications reduce site burden?
- How will impending policy changes impact clinical trials?
- What are research considerations for new therapies - CAR T-Cell, check point inhibitors and beyond?
- How can we raise clinical trial awareness, increase participation, and expedite accrual?
NOTE: Topics are subject to change.
|Registration||On or before August 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM, EDT||Beginning August 16, 2018 EDT|
*Includes physician ASCO member categories, including: Full Member, Full Member Early Career, Full Members - International in Developing Countries, Emeritus Member, and Member in Training.
**Includes non-physician ASCO member categories, including: Advanced Practice Provider, Allied, Affiliated, Patient Advocate, Practice Administrator, and Student/Non-Oncology Resident.
+Registrants applying for the government employee rate will provide additional information during registration.
CME and Nursing CE Credits available for the 2018 meeting. A CE option is also available for ACRP and SoCRA members.