A career in oncology provides the opportunity to be involved in rapidly evolving and intellectually challenging subspecialties. These subspecialties include medical, hematologic, radiation, surgical, pediatric, and gynecologic oncology, as well as many other branches of oncology.
As a student or non-oncology resident you have free access to valuable member benefits that will help you learn more about the field of oncology and grow professionally. ASCO resources, coupled with the cutting-edge multidisciplinary science that you'll discover in every ASCO meeting and publication, ensure that involvement in ASCO is the start to a great career in oncology.
Student/Non-Oncology Resident membership is available to medical residents, medical students, graduate students and undergraduate students who are enrolled in a biomedical, nursing or allied health program, and who have a predominant interest in the biology, diagnosis, prevention or treatment of human cancer.
Annual Dues: Free
Benefits of Student/Non-Oncology Resident Membership
Premier Oncology Periodicals
- Gain free online access to Journal of Oncology Practice, JCO Clinical Cancer Informatics, and JCO Precision Oncology
- Save more than 90% on an individual subscription to Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) in print and online
- Enjoy open access to Journal of Global Oncology
- Receive a 10% discount off of open access article publishing charges for all journals
- Get the latest oncology updates from Cancer in the News, ASCO Express, The ASCO Post,* and ASCO Connection
Exclusive Access and Savings at ASCO Meetings
- Save up to 50% on the nonmember registration rate at the ASCO Annual Meeting and co-sponsored Symposia
- Submit two of your own abstracts at the ASCO Annual Meeting with sponsorship from a Full member
- Gain advance access to Members' Only Registration and Hotel Reservations and Ticketed Sessions for the ASCO Annual Meeting
Career and Educational Development Resources
- Apply for Conquer Cancer Foundation® Grants and Awards aimed at funding early-career researchers
- Save 20% on all professional and patient educational products and resources like ASCO-SEP® from the ASCO University Bookstore
- Network with your colleagues using the online membership directory, ASCO's LinkedIn group, and ASCO Connection
- Find a job with ASCO’s Oncology Career Center
Practice Improvement Tools
- Download ASCO’s suite of mobile applications, such as the ASCO iMeeting app and The ASCO Post app
- Participate in the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) and become a QOPI Certified Practice
- Improve your practice with tools like ASCO Guidelines and ASCO's Coding and Reimbursement Service
- Access clinical trial resources to help implement exemplary attributes of clinical trial site
Legal and Regulatory Updates
- Use online advocacy tools and resources such as ASCO in Action and the ASCO ACT Network
- Utilize new online Medicare coverage resources, including a guide for MACRA, Carrier Advisory Committee, and more
* International members receive The ASCO Post online only.