Membership in the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Association for Clinical Oncology is essential for every early-career oncologist. To demonstrate our commitment to advancing the education of early-career oncologists, we offer free membership to physicians enrolled in an oncology training program. As an oncology trainee, you have access to the complete portfolio of member benefits. In addition, you will gain access to an elite society of nearly 45,000 of the world’s leading cancer professionals, allowing you to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
Member in Training membership is available to physicians and other health professionals at the doctoral level who are participating in a subspecialty training program in oncology or another field that would lead to eligibility for Full or Allied Physician/Doctoral Scientist membership.
Annual Dues: Free
We provide Training Program Directors information to share with their trainees, as well as regularly updating trainees on the latest information and resources ASCO provides. Training program directors, please visit the Oncology Training Programs Center to complete your program’s roster.
Benefits of Member in Training Membership
Premier Oncology Periodicals
- Free print and online access to Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO)*
- Free online access to JCO Oncology Practice, JCO Clinical Cancer Informatics, and JCO Precision Oncology
- Enjoy open access to JCO Global Oncology
- Receive a 10% discount off of open access article publishing charges for all journals
- Get the latest oncology updates from Cancer in the News, ASCO Express, The ASCO Post* and ASCO Connection
Exclusive Access and Savings at ASCO Meetings
- Save up to 50% on the nonmember registration rate at the ASCO Annual Meeting and co-sponsored Symposia
- Submit meeting abstracts with the counter-signature of your training director
- Gain advance access to Members' Only Registration and Hotel Reservations and Ticketed Sessions for the ASCO Annual Meeting
Career and Educational Development Resources
- Apply for Conquer Cancer®, the ASCO Foundation Grants and Awards aimed at funding early-career researchers
- International trainees in low- and middle-income countries are eligible to apply for the International Development and Education Award (IDEA)
- Assess your oncology knowledge with ASCO’s Medical Oncology In-Training Exam (ITE)
- Save on educational resources with ASCO’s Education Essentials For Oncology Fellows (EEOF) once everyone in your training program is an ASCO member
- Volunteer and join ASCO Committees
- Network with your colleagues using the online membership directory, myConnection, ASCO's LinkedIn group, and ASCO Connection
Members in Training
Practice Improvement Tools
- Download ASCO’s suite of mobile applications, such as the ASCO Journals App and ASCO MOC App
- Participate in the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) and become a QOPI Certified Practice**
- Improve your practice with tools like ASCO Guidelines and ASCO's Coding and Reimbursement Service
- Access clinical trial resources to help implement exemplary attributes of clinical trial site
Legal and Regulatory Updates
- Use online advocacy tools & resources such as ASCO in Action and the ASCO ACT Network
- Utilize new online Medicare coverage resources, including a guide for MACRA, Carrier Advisory Committee, and more
* International members receive Journal of Clinical Oncology and The ASCO Post online only.
** Participation in ASCO’s QOPI initiative is an ASCO member benefit available to oncology practices with at least one active ASCO member