Providing the best cancer care requires a robust team of uniquely qualified cancer care providers. ASCO recognizes the important role oncology nurses, research assistants, and other health care specialists play in delivering quality care. That’s why ASCO has built a wide range of products and benefits specially developed to deliver the information and resources needed to provide the most effective cancer care on a daily basis.
Affiliated Health Professional membership is available to affiliated health professionals in oncology, including oncology nurses, research assistants, and other health specialists, who are not eligible for Full membership, Allied Physician/Doctoral Scientist membership, or Advanced Practice Provider membership and who:
- Devote a majority of their professional activity to the care and treatment of patients with cancer, and
- Function as integral members of a team of oncologists caring for patients with cancer or conducting clinical cancer research.
Annual Dues: $150, plus a $35 one-time initiation fee
Benefits of Affiliated Health Professional Membership
Premier Oncology Periodicals
- Gain free online access to Journal of Oncology Practice
- Save over 50% on an individual subscription to Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) in print and online
- Get discounted online access to JCO Clinical Cancer Informatics and JCO Precision Oncology
- Enjoy open access to Journal of Global Oncology
- Receive a 10% discount off of open access article publishing charges for all journals
- Get the latest oncology updates from Cancer in the News, ASCO Express, The ASCO Post,* and ASCO Connection
Career and Educational Development Resources
- Save 20% on all professional and patient educational products and resources from the ASCO University Bookstore
- Network with your colleagues using the online membership directory, myConnection, ASCO's LinkedIn group, and ASCO Connection
- Find a job with ASCO’s Oncology Career Center
Exclusive Access and Savings at ASCO Meetings
- Save up to 50% on the nonmember registration rate at the ASCO Annual Meeting and co-sponsored Symposia
- Submit up to two abstracts as presenter and first author for the ASCO Annual Meeting with a sponsor signature from a Full member
- Gain advance access to Members' Only Registration and Hotel Reservations and Ticketed Sessions for the ASCO Annual Meeting
Practice Improvement Tools
- Access ASCO’s Coding & Reimbursement Service
- Participate in the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) and become a QOPI® Certified Practice
- Improve your practice with tools like ASCO Guidelines
- Access clinical trial resources to help implement exemplary attributes of clinical trial site
- Download ASCO’s suite of mobile applications, such as the ASCO iMeeting app and The ASCO Post app
Eligibility for ASCO Activities
Legal and Regulatory Updates
- Use online advocacy tools and resources such as ASCO in Action and the ASCO ACT Network
- Utilize new online Medicare coverage resources, including a guide for MACRA, Carrier Advisory Committee, and more
* International members receive The ASCO Post online only.
Emeritus membership is available for Affiliated Health Professional members who are 70 years or older, fully retired and no longer in the health care field, or permanently disabled. Emeritus members are entitled to Affiliated Health Professional member benefits at no cost, along with full online access to all ASCO journals. If you wish to receive the print editions of Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) and Journal of Oncology Practice (JOP), you have the option to subscribe to these publications at the ASCO member annual rate of $290 for JCO and $60 for JOP.