Advanced practice providers are playing an increasingly important role in the cancer care team. That’s why ASCO the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Association for Clinical Oncology has a membership category dedicated to providing the benefits they need to develop knowledge and skills, participate in national and global policy conversations, network with peers, and stay on top of the latest scientific advances.
Advanced Practice Provider membership is available to advanced practice providers in oncology, including physician assistants, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, advanced degree nurses, and pharmacists who devote a majority of their professional activity to the care and treatment of patients with cancer.
Annual Dues: $150, plus a $35 one-time initiation fee
Benefits of Advanced Practice Provider Membership
Premier Oncology Periodicals
- Gain free print and online access to JCO Oncology Practice *
- Save over 50% on an individual subscription to Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) in print and online
- Get discounted online access to JCO Clinical Cancer Informatics and JCO Precision Oncology
- Enjoy open access to JCO Global Oncology
- Receive a 10% discount off of open access article publishing charges for all journals
- Get the latest oncology updates from Cancer in the News, ASCO Express, The ASCO Post,* and ASCO Connection
Career and Educational Development Resources
- Save 20% on all professional and patient educational products and resources from the ASCO Store, including the Advanced Practitioner Certificate Programs
- Network with your colleagues using the online membership directory, myConnection, ASCO's LinkedIn group, and ASCO Connection
- Find a job with ASCO’s Oncology Career Center
Exclusive Access and Savings at ASCO Meetings
- Save up to 50% on the nonmember registration rate at the ASCO Annual Meeting and co-sponsored Symposia
- Submit up to two abstracts as presenter and first author for the ASCO Annual Meeting with a sponsor signature from a Full member
- Gain advance access to Members' Only Registration and Hotel Reservations and Ticketed Sessions for the ASCO Annual Meeting
Practice Improvement Tools
- Improve your practice with tools like ASCO Guidelines
- Access ASCO’s Coding & Reimbursement Service
- Participate in the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) and become a QOPI® Certified Practice**
- Access clinical trial resources to help implement exemplary attributes of clinical trial site
- Download ASCO’s suite of mobile applications, such as the ASCO iMeeting app and The ASCO Post app
Eligibility for ASCO Activities
Legal and Regulatory Updates
- Use online advocacy tools & resources such as ASCO in Action and the ASCO ACT Network
- Utilize new online Medicare coverage resources, including a guide for MACRA, Carrier Advisory Committee, and more
* Advanced Practice Provider members outside of the United States receive online-only access to JCO Oncology Practice and The ASCO Post.
** Participation in ASCO’s QOPI initiative is a member benefit available to oncology practices with at least one active member
Emeritus membership is available for Advanced Practice Provider members who are 70 years or older, fully retired and no longer in the health care field, or permanently disabled. Emeritus members are entitled to Advanced Practice Provider member benefits at no cost, along with full online access to all ASCO journals. If you wish to receive the print editions of Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) and JCO Oncology Practice (JCO OP), you have the option to subscribe to these publications at the member annual rate of $290 for JCO and $60 for JCO OP.