The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) currently holds joint accreditation status with the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). In November 2022, this six-year joint accreditation period will end, and ASCO will resume its status as an accredited continuing medical education provider with the ACCME. This change reflects the evolving demographics of learners in ASCO’s educational activities as well as streamline the process for granting continuing education credits.
CE Program General Information
ASCO has been an accredited provider of continuing medical education since 1977. The Society designed the comprehensive continuing education (CE) program to help oncology providers acquire and maintain the knowledge and skillset needed to improve the care of patients with cancer and survivors.
- CE Program Mission Statement: View ASCO’s Continuing Education mission statement
- Policies for Relationships with Companies: Access our policies regarding the management of potential conflicts of interest
- Implementation Plan: Access our policies regarding the ASCO Policy for Relationships with Companies as it relates to compliance with the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Continuing Medical Education of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
The American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification program promotes lifelong learning and the enhancement of the clinical judgment and skills that are essential for high-quality patient care. ASCO supports these principles by providing its members with a variety of opportunities to efficiently earn MOC points for CME accredited activities.
Please visit the ABIM's MOC page to learn more about MOC requirements and procedures for certification.
For the latest news and information from the ABIM, including updates about the MOC program, visit abim.org.
ABIM Extended Deadlines
In recognition of the current stress and strain on physicians due to COVID-19, the ABIM Board of Directors has announced it will extend all Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirement deadlines through December 31, 2022. As a result, no diplomates will lose their certification if they aren’t able to complete any MOC requirements this year. Learn more about the extension or contact ABIM’s Customer Care team at 1-800-441-ABIM or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CE/MOC Activity Options
Health care professionals can obtain CME and/or CE credit and request MOC points through participation in a variety of ASCO activities, including:
- Meetings and Symposia: Learn more about ASCO’s educational meetings and symposia
- ASCO Education: Access hundreds of online learning activities available for CE credits
CE Credit/Certificate Access
- ASCO CE Portal: Download/print a certificate for educational meetings from the 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting through the 2022 ASCO Genitourinary Cancers Symposium
- ASCO Registrar’s Office: Download/print certificates for both educational meetings and ASCO Education courses completed before July 2019
- ASCO Education: Claim Continuing Education credits for digital education courses, finish courses in progress, or access certificates for courses completed since July 2019
P: 888-282-2552, 703-299-0158