Progress in the treatment and care of cancer patients relies on input from every field of medicine. The American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Association for Clinical Oncology's wide-ranging membership provides a forum for innovation for every research venue, including laboratories and clinics, universities and medical centers, government and industry. As a multidisciplinary organization, we can meet your specialized needs at a reduced membership price.
Allied Physician/Doctoral Scientist membership is available to physicians and other health professionals at the doctoral level (e.g., epidemiologists, biostatisticians, public health specialists, nurses, other scientists) or individuals with equivalent academic ranks who are not eligible for Full membership and who have a predominant interest in the biology, diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of human cancer.
Annual Dues: $250
Benefits of Allied Physician/Doctoral Scientist Membership
Premier Oncology Periodicals
- Save over 50% on an individual subscription to Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) in print and online
- Gain free online access to JCO Oncology Practice
- Get discounted online access to JCO Clinical Cancer Informatics and JCO Precision Oncology
- Enjoy open access to JCO Global Oncology
- Receive a 10% discount off of open access article publishing charges for all journals
- Get the latest oncology updates from Cancer in the News, ASCO Express, The ASCO Post,* and ASCO Connection
Exclusive Access and Savings at ASCO Meetings
- Submit and sponsor up to two abstracts as presenter and first author for the ASCO Annual Meeting
- Save up to 50% on the nonmember registration rate at the ASCO Annual Meeting and co-sponsored Symposia
- Gain advance access to Members' Only Registration and Hotel Reservations and Ticketed Sessions for the ASCO Annual Meeting
Eligibility for ASCO Activities
Practice Improvement Tools
- Participate in the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) and become a QOPI® Certified Practice**
- Improve your practice with tools like ASCO Guidelines and ASCO's Coding and Reimbursement Service
- Access clinical trial resources to help implement exemplary attributes of clinical trial site
- Download ASCO’s suite of mobile applications, such as the ASCO iMeeting app and The ASCO Post app
Career and Educational Development Resources
- Save 20% on all professional and patient educational products and resources from the ASCO Store
- Network with your colleagues using the online membership directory, myConnection, ASCO's LinkedIn group, and ASCOconnection.org
- Find a job with ASCO’s Oncology Career Center
Legal and Regulatory Updates
- Use online advocacy tools & resources such as ASCO in Action and the ASCO ACT Network
- Utilize new online Medicare coverage resources, including a guide for MACRA, Carrier Advisory Committee, and more
* International members receive The ASCO Post online only.
** Participation in ASCO’s QOPI initiative is a member benefit available to oncology practices with at least one active member
Emeritus membership is available for Allied Physician/Doctoral Scientist members who are 70 years or older, fully retired and no longer in the health care field, or permanently disabled. Emeritus members are entitled to Allied Physician/Doctoral Scientist member benefits at no cost, along with full online access to all ASCO journals. If you wish to receive the print editions of Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) and JCO Oncology Practice (JCO OP), you have the option to subscribe to these publications at the member annual rate of $290 for JCO and $60 for JCO OP.