Program Director Resources
One of ASCO's primary goals is to provide the highest quality educational tools to tomorrow's oncologists. To help achieve this mission, ASCO offers programming for Oncology Training Program Directors. See these programs here, which include:
- Annual Program Directors’ Retreat: A 2-day, in-person meeting where Program Directors will network with peers, learn best practices for their training program, and engage in discussions of concrete, real-life examples.
- Medical Oncology In-Training Exam (ITE): An exam intended for evaluation of trainee knowledge, as well as noting areas for program improvement.
- ASCO Education’s Education Essentials for Oncology Fellows (EEOF): Oncology’s most comprehensive collection of digital education resources, including ASCO-SEP®.
- Resilience Skills Training Program: A curriculum of skills to improve physician wellness in oncology through a proactive approach.
- NEW! Combined Hematology/Oncology and Hospice & Palliative Medicine Training: An ACGME-approved pilot of a combined Hematology/Oncology and Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship, aimed at being an efficient pathway for trainees to be dual-certified and deliver high-quality cancer care. — To join the program for the 2023 match cycle, please contact Jamie Von Roenn, MD, FASCO.
- ASCO's Quality Oncology Practice Initiative® (QOPI) and how your training program can participate
- Online myConnection Community for Program Directors: Exclusively for Program Directors, this online platform provides members with the opportunity to connect, collaborate, participate in in-depth discussions, receive feedback or resources from other professional peers, and build meaningful connections.
In addition, ASCO provides opportunities for Program Directors to connect with one another and share information and resources about the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and its requirements.
The Membership Directory is your go-to tool for finding and interacting with other members. Designed to keep you in touch with like-minded colleagues, the Membership Directory app enables you to build your professional network, connect with colleagues at meetings and easily provide other members’ information to patients seeking a referral. Using the app, members can search by name, organization, specialty and/or certification.