Education Scholars Program
ASCO is seeking members with a commitment to education who want the expertise and leadership skills to enhance the ASCO learning portfolio as well as medical education overall.
Participants in the selective yearlong program will:
- Join a community of education scholars,
- Undergo learning science training,
- Design an ASCO education activity based on learning theory and learning science,
- Become medical education leaders, and
- Undertake leadership training by our LDP leadership coach.
- Understand cognitive science and adult learning theory and apply it to an ASCO learning activity (with the intent to integrate the activity into ASCO’s education portfolio);
- Engage in leadership development activities with an executive leadership coach;
- Develop expertise in the design of education activities;
- Advance medical education within ASCO, their institution, and the medical community as a whole; and
- Serve on an ASCO-focused education committee or planning group to lead the integration of learning science into additional programs/activities after completion of the Education Scholars Program.
If you have any questions regarding the Education Scholars Program or application process, please email ASCO Professional Development staff.
The application period for the 2023-2024 ASCO Education Scholars Program will open on September 1, 2022, and close on November 22, 2022. Applicants to the 2023-2024 cycle can expect to be notified in Spring 2023.
2021 Supporters: This list reflects commitments as of April 21, 2021.
The Membership Directory is your go-to tool for finding and interacting with other members. Designed to keep you in touch with like-minded colleagues, the Membership Directory app enables you to build your professional network, connect with colleagues at meetings and easily provide other members’ information to patients seeking a referral. Using the app, members can search by name, organization, specialty and/or certification.