This page was last updated on 07/02/2020. Please check back frequently for updates.
How should care for patients with cancer types (e.g. breast cancer, lung cancer) be affected?
This section provides links to disease-specific information that has been released by other organizations.
- The American Society of Breast Surgeons has published information on triage, prioritization, appropriate care, and reentry into therapy for patients with breast cancer available on its COVID-19 resource center.
- The American College of Surgeons has published information on triage of patients with breast cancer for surgery.
- An American multi-organizational panel has published recommendations on the triage, prioritization and treatment of breast cancer (Dietz et al, Breast Cancer Res Treat). An international group has also published recommendations on the same topic (Curigliano et al, Breast)
- An American group from Johns Hopkins Women’s Malignancies Program has published information on care for patients with breast cancer (Sheng et al, JCO Oncol Pract)
- The European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) has published information on care for patients with breast cancer (de Azambuja et al, ESMO Open)
- An American group of oncologists has developed recommendations for minimizing risks to patients with gastrointestinal malignancies. (Lou et al, JCO Oncol Pract)
- The US Colorectal Cancer Alliance has published information on care for patients with colorectal cancer (Marshall et al, Colorectal Cancer)
- A French multi-institution group has published information on care for patients with peritoneal tumors (Glehen et al, J Visc Surg)
- ESMO has published information on care for patients with pancreatic cancer (Catanese et al, ESMO Open) and colorectal cancer (Vecchione et al, ESMO Open)
- Canadian recommendations on prioritizing systemic therapy in patients with genitourinary malignancies has been published. (Lalani et al, Can Urol Assoc J)
- An editorial in European Urology has presented considerations for the triage of patients for urological surgery, including patients with genitourinary malignancies (Stresland et al, Eur Urol)
- The Canadian Urologic Oncology Group and the Canadian Urological Association have published guidelines for care of patients with prostate cancer (Kokorovic et al, Can Urol Assoc J)
- Wallis et al, Eur Urol conducted a systematic review that provides information on the potential risks associated with delaying therapy for various genitourinary cancers.
- A British group has published information on care for patients with urothelial cancer (Patel et al, Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol))
- Uwins et al, Int J Gynecol Cancer published a synthesis of recommendations for the care of patients with gynecological cancers during the pandemic issued by more than 25 different governmental and professional organizations.
- The editors of the International Journal of Gynecological Cancer have published information for management of patients with those cancers. (Ramirez et al, Int J Gynecol Cancer)
- The National College of French Gynecologists and Obstetricians have published recommendations for the surgical management of gynecological cancers during the COVID-19 pandemic (Akladios et al, J Gynecol Obstet Hum Reprod)
- An American multi-institutional group has published recommendations for anti-cancer therapy and surveillance for recurrence of patients with gynecological cancers (Pothuri et al, Gynecol Oncol)
Head and neck cancer
- The French Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (SFORL) and French Society of Head and Neck Carcinology (SFCCF) have published consensus recommendations on the management of patients requiring head and neck cancer surgery (Fakhry et al, Eur Ann Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Dis)
- The MD Anderson Head and Neck Surgery Treatment Guidelines Consortium has published detailed cancer-site specific recommendations for triage for head and neck cancer surgery (Head et al, Head Neck)
- The American Society of Hematology has released information related to several different malignancies.
- The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance has published guidance on managing patients with hematological malignancies (Percival et al, JCO Oncol Pract)
- Multiple Myeloma
- A Brazilian task force has published recommendations on the management of patients with lymphoid malignancies (Perini et al, Hematol Transfus Cell Ther)
- The French Society for the fight against Cancers and Leukemias in children and adolescents has published information on management of young patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Baruchel et al, Bull Cancer)
- An Australia/New Zealand consensus statement on care for patients with lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia and myeloma is available (Di Ciaccio et al, Intern Med J)
- The International Liver Cancer Association (ILCA) has released information related to are of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma.
- An international group has published recommendations on the management of primary hepatic malignancy (Barry et al, Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol)
- An American group published new recommendations on the management of lung cancer (Singh et al, JCO Oncol Pract). An international group has published similar recommendations (Dingemans et al, J Thorac Oncol). ESMO has published recommendations as well (Passaro et al, ESMO Open)ESMO has published recommendations as well (Passaro et al, ESMO Open)
- A panel assembled by the journal Chest has published recommendations on management of lung nodules and lung cancer screening (Mazzone et al, Chest)
- The Thoracic Surgery Outcomes Research Network has published information on triage for thoracic surgery for patients with thoracic malignancies (Ann Thorac Surg)
- The American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)/Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) Tumor Section and the Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO) have published general information on care of patients with brain tumors and brain metastases (Ramakrishna et al, J Neurooncol)
- Information specific to management of patients with glioma has been published by two international multi-disciplinary groups (Mohile et al, Neuro Oncol, Bernhardt et al Neuro Oncol)
- An Italian group from the Policlinico Universitario A. Gemelli Hospital has published detailed recommendations on the triage of patients with skin cancer (Tagliaferri et al, J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol)
- The United States Cutaneous Lymphoma Consortium has published recommendations on the treatment of cutaneous lymphoma (Zic et al, J Am Acad Dermatol)
- The Society of Surgical Oncology has published information on surgery for several different disease sites; a summary of this guidance has been published (Bartlett et al, Ann Surg Oncol)
Multiple cancer types
- An Australian group has published detailed information on multiple cancer types (Segelov et al, JCO Oncol Pract)
Subpopulation-specific Information: Is there any information specific to subpopulations of patients with cancer?
- An article by Falandry et al, J Geriatr Oncol, provides some information on care for elderly/geriatric patients with cancer
- The Cancer and Aging Research Group has published recommendations on caring for older patients (Mohile et al, J Geriatr Oncol)
- A multi-organizational group has published recommendations on care for pediatric patients (Sullivan et al, Pediatr Blood Cancer)