Early registration is now open for the ASCO Research Community Forum (RCF) 2019 Annual Meeting. The ASCO RCF Annual Meeting brings together physician investigators and research staff from across the country for two days of learning and collaboration. The meeting offers colleagues from a variety of types of research programs a unique platform to collaborate and develop solutions to common challenges with conducting oncology clinical trials.
This year’s meeting will take place on September 22-23, 2019, at ASCO’s headquarters in the greater Washington, DC area.
As a part of this year’s theme, Working Smarter. Working Together., participants will hear from presenters and panelists representing a variety of stakeholders involved in clinical trials during the meeting’s workshop and general sessions. In addition to hearing from peers and leaders in the field, meeting attendees have an opportunity to connect with colleagues from across the country during a networking event and small group discussions. This year’s keynote address will be delivered by Richard Pazdur, MD, Director of the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Oncology Center of Excellence. Other panelists and speakers include experts from the National Cancer Institute, FDA, US Oncology, Sarah Cannon, New Mexico Cancer Care Alliance, Mayo Clinic, the Christiana Oncology Patient Advocate Committee for Clinical Trials, industry, along with many others. The two-day meeting will include the below opportunities and more:
- Training Workshop on Audit Readiness—Learn practical considerations, tips and best practices for audit readiness. Participants will hear from different stakeholders and share experiences during discussions and exercises.
- Town Hall: Overcoming Barriers to Clinical Trials—Share experiences and strategies related to barriers in conducting clinical trials with like minds and multiple stakeholders.
- Networking Reception—Working Together: Making Connections–Network with peers and leaders in the field about best practices for conducting and managing research.
- Keynote Address—Richard Pazdur, MD, Director of the FDA Oncology Center of Excellence
- General Sessions on Innovative Solutions—Learn and share during sessions throughout the day that will include presentations and small group discussions on innovative strategies to conduct and manage clinical trials:
- Leveraging technology to conduct oncology clinical trials more effectively
- Access and engagement strategies to facilitate clinical trial accrual
- Staffing and workload management strategies
- Town Hall: What Does the Future Hold for Clinical Trials?—Engage with peers and other stakeholders on where research is heading and how sites should prepare for the future of clinical trials.
Participants will have the opportunity to gain continuing education credits through the meeting and a group discount is also available. Contact the ASCO Research Community Forum for more details at email@example.com.
Last year’s meeting, based on Innovative Solutions. Best Practices. Excellence in Cancer Research., was the largest meeting to-date with over 150 participants from 34 states.
Make your calendars for September 22-23, 2019, and register early as spots are limited!