Today, ASCO launched “I Live to Conquer CancerTM,” a new national outreach and awareness initiative that builds on ASCO’s continued advocacy activities in support of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Cancer Institute (NCI), and aims to underscore the critical importance of federally funded cancer research.
Through a series of compelling videos, written stories, advertising, and social media, “I Live to Conquer Cancer” will spotlight federally funded cancer researchers who have devoted their lives to clinical research, as well as the patients who inspire them to continue progress against cancer.
ASCO is inviting the entire cancer community to support the campaign by watching and sharing videos featuring cancer researchers, as well as by:
- Answering the question “Why do I live to conquer cancer?” on Twitter using the hashtag #LiveToConquerCancer.
- Filming a short video or writing a short blog post answering the question “Why do I live to conquer cancer?” and send it directly to ASCO. Many of the videos and stories will be posted on asco.org and ASCO Connection.
- Using the ACT Network to tell Congress why funding for the NCI is critical to continue progress against cancer.
ASCO has developed a number of resources to support the campaign:
- A social media toolkit with sample content, downloadable graphics, and other tips to effectively use social media.
- A short brochure outlining the importance of federal funding and some of the top advances supported by the NIH and NCI.
- A Cancer Progress Timeline, which highlights the progress against cancer over the past 100+ years.
Access these materials and learn more about the “I Live to Conquer Cancer” campaign.
To stay up-to-date on cancer research funding and other policy issues, please bookmark ASCO in Action.