ALEXANDRIA, Va. -- Twenty-seven practices elevated their standard of care and achieved Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification in the first quarter of this year. The Association for Clinical Oncology (Association) commends these practices that have demonstrated their commitment to providing the highest-quality oncology care to their patients, communities, and contemporaries.
“We celebrate these practices for their dedication to the highest-quality care for patients with cancer,” said Association Chair Monica M. Bertagnolli, MD, FACS, FASCO. “We’re proud to recognize the important work of our worldwide members who are conquering cancer every day through quality care."
During the first quarter of 2020, the following practices achieved QOPI Certification or Re-certification, which is valid for a three-year period:
- ABSMC Comprehensive Cancer Center - Berkeley, CA
- Blue Ridge Cancer Care - Roanoke, VA
- Bristol Hospital - Bristol, CT
- Choice Cancer Care - Irving, TX
- Woodland Memorial Hospital - Woodland, CA
- Fox Chase Cancer Center - Philadelphia, PA
- Sandra and Malcolm Berman Cancer Institute at GBMC - Townson, MD
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center - Tampa, FL
- Hematology Oncology Associates of Brooklyn - Brooklyn, NY
- Kadlec Clinic Hematology and Oncology - Kennewick, WA
- Levine Cancer Institute - Charlotte, NC
- Mayo Clinic Health System Eau Claire - Eau Claire, WI
- Mayo Clinic Health System, Southwest Minnesota Region - Mankato, MN
- Nebraska Hematology Oncology PC - Lincoln, NE
- New Mexico Oncology Hematology Consultants - Albuquerque, NM
- Oncology Hematology Associates of Saginaw Valley, P.C. - Saginaw, MI
- Plains Regional Cancer Center - Clovis, NM
- PMI Hematology-Oncology Santa Monica - Santa Monica, CA
- Saint Barnabas Cancer Center - Livingston, NJ
- Singh and Arora Oncology Hematology P.C. - Flint, MI
- The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders - Fort Worth, TX
- The Ghosh Center for Oncology and Hematology - Cedar Rapids, IA
- University of Miami - Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center - Miami, FL
- UTSW Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center - Dallas, TX
- UW Cancer Center at ProHealth Care - Waukesha, WI
- Virginia Cancer Specialists - Fairfax, VA
- WellSpan Medical Oncology and Hematology Sechler Family Cancer Center - Lebanon, PA
The QOPI® Certification Program, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Association for Clinical Oncology (Association) and an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (Society), recognizes the delivery of high-quality care to patients in outpatient hematology-oncology practices. The QOPI Certification Standards serve as the framework for the program and as a guide to the best practices in oncology care. Individual practices are eligible to receive QOPI Certification based on their compliance with QOPI standards as assessed during an on-site survey. The QOPI quality standards address practice performance in several key areas, including:
- Creating a safe environment—staffing, competencies, and general policy
- Treatment planning, patient consent, and education
- Ordering, preparing, dispensing, and administering chemotherapy
- Monitoring after chemotherapy is given, including adherence, toxicity and complications.
More than 300 practices worldwide are currently QOPI Certified. View the names and locations of all Certified practices around the world.
The Association and the Society are dedicated to innovative quality improvement programs, such as QOPI Certification, to foster the delivery of high-quality patient care around the world. For more information, please visit ASCO Practice Central.
The Association for Clinical Oncology is a 501 (c)(6) organization that represents nearly 45,000 oncology professionals who care for people living with cancer. Established by the American Society of Clinical Oncology in 2019, the Association works to ensure that all individuals with cancer have access to high-quality, affordable care; that the cancer care delivery system supports optimal cancer care; and that our nation supports federal funding for cancer research as well as efforts centered on cancer prevention, drug development, and clinical trials. Learn more at www.ascoassociation.org and follow us on Twitter at @ASCO.