In general, the embargo on all abstracts accepted to an ASCO Meeting or co-sponsored Symposia lifts on the date and time the abstract is publicly released by ASCO. Meeting-specific embargo policies and information is provided below.
2019 ASCO Annual Meeting
Embargo information: Only those abstracts to be released on site at the 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting will be designated as Late-Breaking Abstracts (LBAs), including Plenary abstracts.
LBAs will be publicly released on a rolling basis throughout the 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting. The complete embargo dates and public release schedule for LBAs is as follows:
LBAs presented in a press briefing or scientific presentation on:
- Friday, May 31: Embargo lifts at 1:00 p.m. CT on Friday, May 31
- Saturday, June 1: Embargo lifts at 6:30 a.m. CT on Saturday, June 1
- Sunday, June 2: Embargo lifts at 6:30 a.m. CT on Sunday, June 2
- Monday, June 3-Tuesday, June 4: Embargo lifts at 6:30 a.m. CT on Monday, June 4
All other abstracts, including those submitted during the late-breaking data submission time period but not designated as LBAs and abstracts selected for online publication only, will be publicly released on abstracts.asco.org at 5:00 PM ET on May 15, 2019.
2019 ASCO Annual Meeting: Friday, May 31 - Tuesday, June 4, 2019
- Corporate and Institutional Public Relations Policies
- Abstract Policies (including Confidentiality and Exceptions Policy)
For Additional Information
Contact ASCO Communications for questions related to the embargo and/or confidentiality policies.