Listservs for Training Program Directors and Fellows
Existing users can manage their accounts here.
ASCO now offers two listserv programs: One for training program directors and one for fellows. Each program has its own listserv for the overall group and additional listserves for subspecialties.
The listservs enable training program directors and fellows to:
- Interact with their colleagues and peers
- Ask questions or comment on concerns through a common email
Each listserv is an unmoderated discussion. This means that all replies to an email are posted immediately to the entire group of subscribers for the specific listserv. To contact an individual privately, outside of the discussion, be sure to enter the individual's email address in the "to" area of your email software and make sure that the address of the listserv is not included in the "to" area.
ProgramDirectors: All Oncology Programs
HemOncPDs: Medical Oncology and Combined Hematology/Oncology
SurgOncPDs: Surgical Oncology
GynOncPDs: Gynecologic Oncology
RadOncPDs: Radiation Oncology
PedsHemOncPDs: Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
GeriatricOnc: Available to anyone who has an interest in Geriatric Oncology
Fellows: All oncology training programs
HemOncFellows: Medical Oncology and combined Hematology/Oncology
SurgOncFellows: Surgical Oncology
GynOncFellows: Gynecologic Oncology
RadOncResidents: Radiation Oncology
PedsHOFellows: Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
To Subscribe to a Listserv
- Address an email to ASCO Professional Development.
- Type "subscribe" in the first line of the body of the message and indicate the list to which you would like to subscribe.
- Send the email message.
Shortly thereafter, you should receive a "welcome" message. If you experience any technical problems, please email ASCO Professional Development.
To Reply to a Listserv Message
To reply to a listserv message, provide a brief context to your reply by including a few relevant sentences from the original message. You can also paraphrase the essence of the question or comment to which you're replying. Avoid the extremes of including the entire message or not including any mention of the original message.
Participants in the listservs should submit only messages that are of concern to the subscribers of the specific listserv group.
In addition, listservs do not allow the following materials:
- Copyrighted material unless the copyright owner of the material has expressly granted its prior written consent to such submission
- Confidential information such as names of patients and trainees, or postal address or phone numbers for any individual
- Advertising or commercial messages of any kind
- Unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or hateful content; sexually explicit images; or content that is racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, or which infringes on the rights of any third party
- Attachments to a message
Participants should be careful not to:
- Collect or use the addresses of listserv subscribers for the purposes of unsolicited email marketing, or “spam”
- Forward chain mail
- Falsely impersonate any person or communicate under a false name or a name you do not have authority to use
On notification of improper activity by a listserv participant, ASCO will permanently remove the offending party from the list. If violations continue, ASCO will take appropriate legal action.
If you do not wish to receive further messages from the listserv:
- Address an email message to the following address: email@example.com
- Type "unsubscribe" in the first line of the body of the message.
- Send the email message.
The listserves are maintained in a manner consistent with U.S. copyright laws. Participants who submit messages grant ASCO the authority and right to use the message in any way. ASCO may reproduce the messages in the listserve archives and other places.
The listserves are designed to serve the needs of participants by providing timely, important information. Users are encouraged to provide feedback, ask questions, and make suggestions for content by sending an email to Professional Development.