Date Announced for the 2017 Research Community Forum Annual Meeting
The date for the 2017 Research Community Forum Annual Meeting has been selected! Mark your calendars for the 2017 Forum Annual Meeting, taking place at ASCO Headquarters, in Alexandria, VA, on September 24-25, 2017. Stay tuned to our Forum Annual Meeting page for the latest news on next year's meeting.
Research Community Forum 2016 Annual Meeting!
The ASCO Research Community Forum 2016 Annual Meeting was held on Sep. 25-26 at ASCO Headquarters in Alexandria, VA. The meeting featured presentations on topics such as novel trial designs in community-based research; improving clinical trial access, accrual, awareness, and engagement; and the role of research in value-based care and frameworks. Please visit the Forum Annual Meeting page for more information on and presentations from the 2016 meeting.
Research Community Forum at AACI-CRI Meeting
The Research Community Forum was featured in a presentation on the ASCO Clinical Trial Workload Tool during the AACI Clinical Research Initiative (CRI) meeting in Chicago on July 20-21st, 2016.
New Online Tool Released to Measure the Quality of Research Programs
The ASCO Research Program Quality Assessment Tool is designed to help research sites establish or enhance their internal quality assessment program. The new online self-assessment version of the Tool allows users to gauge whether their research program includes the important internal quality assessment components and to identify areas for improvement. The Tool also provides a manual that includes a “how-to” guide for research sites and other helpful resources.
The ASCO Research Community Forum is Expanding
In 2010, ASCO established the Community Research Forum to support clinical investigators and community-based research sites. Building on the Forum’s success in providing solutions for community-based research programs and the cancer research community at large, ASCO has decided to expand the Forum to have a greater impact on research sites from all types of research settings. Now called the ASCO Research Community Forum, ASCO is inviting researchers and research staff from all types of research sites to participate in this unique venue, which aims to advance cancer research and support research program management. To learn more, read the ASCO in Action brief, "The ASCO Research Community Forum is Expanding."
ASCO and AACI Hold Workshop to Improve Efficiencies in Clinical Research
ASCO-AACI Best Practices in Cancer Clinical Trials Workshop was held in March at ASCO headquarters in Alexandria, VA. The workshop gathered stakeholders from across the cancer research community to develop solutions to reduce administrative and regulatory burdens and improve efficiencies in clinical trials. Members of the Research Community Forum Council have been actively involved in this initiative.
Tools and Resources are Impacting Research Programs
Research sites from across the United States and internationally continue to access the tools developed through the Forum. There have been over 250 downloads of the ASCO Research Program Quality Assessment Tool and over 200 research programs registered to use the ASCO Clinical Trial Workload Assessment Tool. Check out the Projects & Tools for more information.
- 2016 Research Community Forum Annual Meeting Summary: Using Collective Wisdom to Improve Cancer Research
- ASCO-AACI Best Practices Initative: Description of Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) article reporting the outcome of an ASCO-AACI workshop. The workshop focused on administrative and regulatory burdens in conducting cancer clinical trials and findings from the resulting stakeholder survey. (September 2016)
- Research Contract Negotiations: Description of Journal of Oncology Practice (JOP) article reporting findings from a Research Community Forum survey and Recommendations for Improvements. (May 2016)
- ASCO Clinical Trial Workload Assessment Project: Description of JOP article reporting on assessment of 51 research sites. The Forum-developed Clinical Trial Workload Assessment Tool was found to be easy and effective. (March 2016)
- 2015 Research Community Forum Annual Meeting Summary: Exploring Developments and Strategies in Conducting Clinical Research.