Save the Date!
Mark your calendars for the 2017 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting set for September 24-25, at ASCO Headquarters! Stay tuned to our website for more information on the meeting and registration.
This one-of-a-kind meeting provides an opportunity for physician investigators and research staff, particularly those from community-based sites, to:
- Network and collaborate with colleagues from all types of research programs
- Share best practices for effectively conducting and managing clinical research
- Discuss barriers and identify solutions to common challenges in conducting and managing clinical trials, particularly in community-based sites
2016 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting
Bringing the Research Community Together to Share Collective Wisdom
Nearly 100 physician investigators and research staff from all types of research sites across the country attended the 2016 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting. Held at ASCO Headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia, the meeting included panel discussions on adaptive clinical trial designs, the role of research in value-based care, and clinical trial access. Participants also engaged in breakout discussion sessions on key topics related to administrative and regulatory burden associated with conducting and managing clinical trials. This activity was approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Read more about the meeting in ASCO in Action.
- Agenda for 2016 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting
- Presentations available:
- Welcome Remarks: Michael A. Thompson, MD, PhD; Clifford A. Hudis, MD, FACP, FASCO
- Keynote Address: Bringing the Research Community Together to Share Collective Wisdom, Julie M. Vose, MD, MBA, FASCO
- Novel Trial Designs and Adaptive Designs in Community-Based Research: Donald A. Berry, PhD
- The Role of Research within Value-Based Care: Richard L. Schilsky, MD, FACP, FASCO; Sibel Blau, MD; Frank Senecal, MD
- Moving the 3% Needle: Clinical Trial Access, Awareness, Engagement, and Accrual | Teresa L. Stewart, MS, CRCP; Alex Spira, MD, PhD; Connie Szczepanek, RN, BSN
- Overview of Breakout Sessions: Bryan Faller, MD; Dax Kurbegov, MD; Tess Dorrier, MBA
- ASCO Programs and Support for the Research Community: Stephen Grubbs, MD; Patricia Hurley, MSc HRM
2015 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting
More than 75 physician investigators, program directors, and research staff attended the 2015 ASCO Research Community Forum Annual Meeting, which was held September 20-21st, in Alexandria, VA. Presentations and panels covered a range of topics, including best practices, precision medicine, coverage analysis, patient engagement, and resources for community-based research programs. The meeting also included breakout sessions, during which participants engaged with one-another to discuss strategies for effectively managing difficult aspects of conducting research in a community setting. The Research Community Forum Council will discuss ideas generated at the meeting to identify projects to work on in the coming year. Read more about the meeting in ASCO in Action.
For more information about previous Forum Annual Meetings, please email the Research Community Forum.