ASCO is dedicated to fostering the professional growth of oncology fellows. The Society’s commitment to fellows is reflected in the range of resources available for oncologist education and training.
ASCO makes available the following resources, which may be of use to fellows:
- 2013 ASCO Annual Meeting: Information specific for fellows attending the 2013 ASCO Annual Meeting in Chicago. Includes sessions of interest, Trainee & Junior-Faculty Lounge programming schedule, Chicago Guide, and much more!
- Medical Oncology In-Training Examination: Participation in the Medical Oncology In-Training Exam allows fellows to evaluate their progress within their training program and compare results against national outcomes.
- Achieving Career Success in Oncology: This practical guide, available for purchase through the ASCO University Bookstore, provides career development advice and strategies for success to new oncologists as they decide which path is the right one for them—academia, community practice, the pharmaceutical industry, or the federal government.
- Oncology References: Specifically designed for trainees and early career oncologists, these references are considered classic articles in literature regarding specific disease types in the general area of oncology.
- ASCO Associate Member Benefits: Learn about free ASCO membership for physicians who are currently enrolled in an oncology subspecialty training program.
- Grant Opportunities: The Conquer Cancer Foundation Grants Program offers different types of funding opportunities for oncology fellows, including mentored training and career development, and professorships.
- Oncology Career Center: The Journal of Clinical Oncology's Career Center for oncology professionals allows fellows to search for employment across the country and in every discipline as well as connect directly with potential employers.
- ASCO Fellows Listserve: This resource allows fellows to interact with their colleagues and peers by asking questions or commenting on concerns through a common email.
- Tumor Boards: These monthly multidisciplinary presentations and courses on ASCO University explore evidence relating to case-based issues.
- Board Review Courses: Access board review courses which offer comprehensive reviews of established standards of care as well as recent advances in the fields of hematology and medical oncology.
- Training Programs: Interactive listing of fellowship programs around the world.