The ASCO Statement on Minimum Standards & Attributes of Exemplary Clinical Trial Sites affirms the basic standards for conducting research and describes the characteristics of exemplary clinical research sites. ASCO has assembled the Exemplary Attributes Working Group to assist research sites. Below you'll find links to helpful journal articles and resources compiled by the Group.
Exemplary Attributes of Clinical Trial Sites:
- Diversification of the Clinical Trial Mix
- High Accrual Activity
- Participation in the Clinical Trial Development Process
- Maintenance of High Educational Standards
- Quality Assurance
- Multidisciplinary Involvement in the Clinical Trial Process
- Clinical Trial Awareness Programs
Exemplary Attributes Article Series: An ongoing article series in the Journal of Oncology Practice provides practical information on how to implement the GCP guidelines and exemplary attributes.
Insurance Coverage of Clinical Trials: This resource provides information and highlights on ASCO’s policy efforts around insurance coverage for the routine patient costs for people participating in cancer clinical trials.
For Your Patients: Find resources to help your patients better understand clinical trials on ASCO’s patient website, Cancer.Net. Free resources include articles on the following topics, as well as videos and podcasts.
- Patient Safety and Informed Consent
- Health Insurance Coverage and Clinical Trials
- Questions to Ask the Research Team
In addition, Cancer.Net offers PRE-ACT, a free video-based educational program for patients that provides personalized learning about clinical trials.