ASCO: Your Partner in Practice Transformation
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA), which replaced the Sustainable Growth Rate formula for updates to the Medicare physician fee schedule, lays out far-reaching changes and an ambitious implementation schedule that will profoundly impact reimbursement to oncology practices throughout the United States.
ASCO is your partner in preparing for these changes and ensuring high-quality care for patients with cancer. We will provide a wide range of continually updated resources and tools that are designed to help practicing oncologists satisfy MACRA requirements and move toward a value-based practice environment. Bookmark this page and come back often, as we will post updates, new materials, and webinars as soon they become available.
If you have any questions or comments about MACRA implementation, please contact email@example.com.
Final MACRA Rule
On Oct. 14, 2016 the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released the agency's final rule detailing the Quality Payment Program (QPP), which, under MACRA, changes the way physicians are reimbursed for services provided under Medicare Part B. ASCO's released an initial analysis, but watch this space for comprehensive details, guidance, and educaton opportunities in the coming weeks.
- ASCO in Action Background Brief: MACRA
- ASCO’s Top Ten List for MACRA Readiness
- "Are You Ready for MACRA?" Education Series - View slides from past webinars:
- MACRA Timetable
ASCO Comments Submitted Regarding MACRA
- Comments on Physician Fee Schedule
- Comments on Proposed HOPPS Rule
- Senate Finance MACRA Hearing: ASCO Statement
- Ways & Means MACRA Hearing: ASCO Statement
- Comments submitted on ONC Health IT Certification Program
- Energy & Commerce MACRA Hearing (2): ASCO Statement
- ASCO Comments to CMS on Proposed MACRA Rule
- Energy & Commerce MACRA Hearing: ASCO Statement
- Comments submitted on Draft Medicare Quality Measurement Development Plan
- Comments submitted on Resource Use: Episode Development
- Comments submitted on Certification of Electronic Health Technology
- Comments submitted on the 2016 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS)
- Comments submitted on Stage 3 Meaningful Use Program
- Comments submitted to CMS in response to a MACRA RFI
- ASCO's Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI)
- Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
- Value-Based Modifier (VBPM)
- ASCO Payment Reform Model - Patient-Centered Oncology Payment (PCOP)
- CMS MACRA Resources
- Additional CMS Resources and Assistance