Membership in ASCO is essential for every early-career oncologist. As an Oncology fellow or resident, you have access to a complete portfolio of member benefits. In addition, you will gain access to an elite society of more than 40,000 of the world’s leading cancer professionals, allowing you to learn and grow both personally and professionally. To demonstrate our commitment to advancing the education of early-career oncologists, we offer free membership to physicians enrolled in an oncology subspecialty training program.
Member in Training membership is available to physicians and other health professionals at the doctoral level who are participating in a subspecialty training program in oncology or another field that would lead to eligibility for Full or Allied Physician/Doctoral Scientist membership.
Annual Dues: Free
If you are new to your residency or fellowship, view the benefits ASCO has to offer with our virtual Training Program Welcome Kit.
Benefits of Member in Training Membership
Premier Oncology Periodicals
- Gain free online access to Journal of Clinical Oncology and Journal of Oncology Practice
- Receive a 10% discount on the article publishing charge for Journal of Global Oncology
- Stay current on the latest career-development opportunities at ASCO with the Fellows Fast Facts e-newsletter
- Get the latest oncology updates from Cancer in the News, ASCO Express, The ASCO Post* and ASCO Connection
Exclusive Access and Savings at ASCO Meetings
- Save up to 50% on the nonmember registration rate at the ASCO Annual Meeting and co-sponsored Symposia
- Submit meeting abstracts with the counter-signature of your training director
- Gain advance access to Members' Only Registration and Hotel Reservations and Ticketed Sessions for the ASCO Annual Meeting
Career and Educational Development Resources
- Apply for Conquer Cancer Foundation®Grants and Awards aimed at funding early-career researchers
- Assess your oncology knowledge with ASCO’s Medical Oncology In-Training Exam (ITE)
- Save 20% on educational products and resources like ASCO-SEP® from the ASCO University Bookstore
- Join ASCO Committees
- Network with your colleagues using the Fellows ListServe, online membership directory, ASCO's LinkedIn group, and ASCO Connection
- Find a job with ASCO’s Oncology Career Center
Practice Improvement Tools
- Download ASCO’s suite of mobile applications, such as the ASCO Journals App and ASCO MOC App
- Participate in the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) and become a QOPI® Certified Practice
- Improve your practice with tools like ASCO Guidelines and ASCO's Coding and Reimbursement Service
- Access clinical trial resources to help implement exemplary attributes of clinical trial site
- Utilize ASCO’s templates for documenting treatment plans and summaries
Legal and Regulatory Updates
- Use online advocacy tools & resources such as ASCO in Action and the ASCO ACT Network
- Utilize new online Medicare coverage resources, including a guide for MACRA, Carrier Advisory Committee, and more
* International members receive The ASCO Post online only.