Posted June 12, 2013
ASCO members should be aware of several CMS reporting deadlines that occur over the coming months:
- June 30, 2013. To avoid financial penalties in 2014, eligible professionals (EPs) will need to have participated in the Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive program by June 30, 2013. EPs will need to either submit a hardship exemption code or report 10 instances of eRx by this deadline. Professionals who were successful participants of the eRx Incentive Program in 2012, however, do not need to take action; they are automatically exempt from these penalties.
- October 3, 2013. First-time participants must begin reporting for Stage 1 of Meaningful Use by October 3, 2013. This only applies to EPs who have never reported for meaningful use before; those who participated last year will need to have been reporting this entire year.
- October 15, 2013. This is the deadline for three specific Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) requirements:
- October 15, 2013 is the last day for either an individual EP or group practice to choose the Administrative Claims option to avoid the 2015 payment adjustment (mechanism to do so will be available later in 2013).
- Group practices that wish to participate in PQRS must submit their letter of self-nomination by October 15, 2013.
- October 15, 2013 is also the deadline for group practices, that have more than 100 providers, to choose the quality-tiering approach to the value-based modifier (mechanism to do so becomes available in July 2013).
For additional details, please visit ASCO's CMS reporting page.