On March 14, the Spring Round for ASCO’s Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) opened for reporting; it will close on May 9 at 5 PM (EDT).
Practices with at least one ASCO Member are eligible to participate in QOPI, ASCO’s free oncologist-led, practice-based quality assessment program that has helped more than 1,000 practices conduct self-examination and identify specific areas for quality improvement. Select from a robust library of quality metrics, submit your data through the easy-to-use collection tool, and use your results to inform your next quality improvement project.
For information on the Spring Collection Round, visit qopi.asco.org or contact the QOPI Help Desk at 571-483-1660 during business hours, Monday–Friday, 9:00 AM–5:00 PM (EDT).
Step-by-Step Instructions for Using the QOPI System
- Log into the QOPI system
- Click on “QOPI”
- Click on “Spring 2017”
- Ensure that your practice and site information are up-to-date and your legal agreements have been signed
- Click the green “QOPI Round Registration/Participation” tile
- Select how you will participate (Practice or Site: see the blue “i” icon for more information)
- Select “Spring 2017” for the round
- Select your modules and/or pathways
- To participate in the QOPI Spring 2017 round and/or maintain your QOPI Certification, your minimum requirement is one disease or domain module plus the core module.
- If you are participating in this round for QOPI Certification or Recertification, you must select the QCP reporting pathway, although you may choose additional modules and pathways based on your practice’s reporting needs.
- Measures labeled as “test” are optional. Abstracting for these measures allows QOPI to determine how these measures contribute to quality performance and whether these become permanent QOPI measures.
- Refer to the “QOPI User Manual” and the “Chart Selection Criteria” documents (under “Current Round Documentation” on the QOPI welcome page) for more details.
Please note that for this Spring Round, the system will be locked on May 9 at 5 PM (EDT). Once locked, you will not be able to add new charts or modify existing charts.
Applying for QOPI Certification
QOPI participants can apply for certification if they complete the QOPI Certification Program™ (QCP) pathway in the Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 QOPI rounds. Below are details for applying and learning more:
- You can register for certification on the same site you used for QOPI
- Application is open year round
- Apply as soon as your final quality score is released at the end of the QOPI round
- Open to new and recertifying QOPI Certification eligible practices; recertifying practices are encouraged to apply if their certification term expired 9–12 months prior
- Join QCP staff on the second Wednesday of every month for an application and standards overview to prepare your practice today!
- For more information please visit the Quality website or contact the help desk at 571-483-1669.
QOPI Certified Practices Are Eligible to Receive Discount on Medical Malpractice Rates
The Doctors Company, the nation’s largest physician-owned medical malpractice insurer, will recognize QOPI Certification in its rate structure. Physicians participating in practices accredited by QCP will be eligible for a discount of up to 10% on medical malpractice insurance from The Doctors Company. Learn more by contacting email@example.com.
QOPI Participation Now Available in 14 Countries Outside U.S.
We are excited to extend QOPI participation to member practices outside the United States. QOPI can accept data from practices in the European Union (Belgium, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxemburg, Portugal, Romania and Spain), Argentina, Brazil, India, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. All five U.S. territories also are approved. International QOPI participants are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the legal review process for international certification. If your practice is affiliated with practices in any of these regions and would like to learn more, please email email@example.com.