Last year, ASCO launched a new Health Policy Fellowship program that aims to provide physicians with the necessary skills to shape cancer policy and help increase the involvement of ASCO members in policy, advocacy and grassroots activity. ASCO is actively recruiting oncologists in the early phase of their careers who have a keen interest in acquiring stronger health policy skills and have the leadership, civic, policy, or advocacy experience for this year-long program
Key Dates and Deadlines
- October 19, 2016: Application Process Opened
- December 30, 2016: Applications Due
- January 31, 2017: Applicants Notified
- July 1, 2017 to July 1, 2018: Program Term
How to Apply
Up to two Fellows will be selected for the 2017-2018 ASCO Health Policy Fellowship program. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be physicians (MD, DO, or international equivalent) who have been working as early-career oncologists in any discipline for 10 years or less or who are currently enrolled in the final year of an accredited U.S. clinical oncology training program (medical oncology, surgical oncology, gynecologic oncology, radiation oncology, pediatric oncology). ASCO strongly encourages application submissions from all oncology subspecialties.
- Have completed at least 2 years of clinical oncology training
- Be ASCO members (full member or member in training)
- Be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents
For More Information
ASCO conducts and administers the fellowship, with funding support from the Conquer Cancer Foundation Mission Endowment.