The State Affiliate Council was established in January 2012 to serve as an advisory group to ASCO’s Board of Directors on issues relating to ASCO’s State and Regional Affiliates and their members. The Council will collaborate with and support effective communications between the ASCO Board and ASCO’s domestic membership.
The Council will also:
- Provide input to ASCO's Board of Directors on issues affecting Affiliates and their members;
- Identify unaddressed needs and develop consensus for Board consideration;
- Disseminate information about ASCO’s public policy priorities to its membership;
- Respond to Board of Directors inquiries;
- And provide feedback to ASCO on draft policy statements
The next State Affiliate Council Meeting will be held in conjunction with the State Affiliate Leadership Conference on October 29-30, 2015 at ASCO Headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.
Please contact Melissa Reifler at 571-483-1622 for more information.
At the most recent State Affiliate Council meeting on April 17, 2015, the following topics were covered:
- Clinical Pathways
- Dashboard Initiative Survey Results
- Chemotherapy Safe Handling
- ASCO's Payment Reform Model
Please contact your State Affiliate Council Representative with any questions or concerns you may have about community, practice, or other oncology issues.