The State Affiliate Council was established in January 2012 to serve as an advisory group to ASCO’s Board of Directors on issues relating to ASCO’s State and Regional Affiliates and their members. The Council will collaborate with and support effective communications between the ASCO Board and ASCO’s domestic membership.
The Council will also:
- Provide input to ASCO's Board of Directors on issues affecting Affiliates and their members;
- Identify unaddressed needs and develop consensus for Board consideration;
- Disseminate information about ASCO’s public policy priorities to its membership;
- Respond to Board of Directors inquiries;
- And provide feedback to ASCO on draft policy statements
At the most recent State Affiliate Council meeting held on February 28, 2014, the following topics were covered:
- Practice Survival: Strategic Planning for the Future
- Payment Reform
- Insurance Exchanges
- Molecular Testing: Choose wisely
- ASCO's Value in Cancer Care Initiative
- Dashboard Initiative
The State Affiliate Council was created in order to address issues our State/Regional Affiliate society members may be facing. Please contact your State Affiliate Council representative with any questions or concerns you may have about community, practice, or other oncology issues.