The State Affiliate Council was established in January 2012 to serve as an advisory group to ASCO’s Board of Directors on issues relating to ASCO’s State and Regional Affiliates and their members. The Council will collaborate with and support effective communications between the ASCO Board and ASCO’s domestic membership.
The Council will also:
- Provide input to ASCO's Board of Directors on issues affecting Affiliates and their members;
- Identify unaddressed needs and develop consensus for Board consideration;
- Disseminate information about ASCO’s public policy priorities to its membership;
- Respond to Board of Directors inquiries;
- And provide feedback to ASCO on draft policy statements
The first State Affiliate Council Meeting was held on June 3, 2012 during ASCO's Annual Meeting in Chicago. Approximately 50 Council representatives and executive staff were in attendance.
The next State Affiliate Council Meeting will be held on Friday, October 17, 2014 at ASCO Headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.
Thank you for attending the most recent State Affiliate Council meeting held on February 28, 2014 at ASCO Headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia. The meeting covered the following topics:
- Practice Survival: Strategic Planning for the Future
- Payment Reform
- Insurance Exchanges
- Molecular Testing: Choose wisely
- ASCO's Value in Cancer Care Initiative
- Dashboard Initiative
Please e-mail email@example.com with any questions or concerns.