Attend the Meeting in Person
ASCO's Media Headquarters is where you can go to apply for media credentials*, register to attend the upcoming meeting, and access embargoed meeting information. For questions about how to navigate the site, please contact ASCO Media Registration. More information about media registration for the 2017 Palliative Care in Oncology Symposium is coming soon.
Access Embargoed Information
Embargoed meeting information will be made available to credentialed media through ASCO's Media Headquarters. Once your media credentials are approved, you will receive email notifications when embargoed information has been posted.
Meet the News Planning Team
2016 Palliative Care in Oncology Symposium:
- 2016 Symposium Highlights Notable Research Advances in Palliative Care
SAN FRANCISCO – Seven studies investigating key issues in palliative care will be presented at the 2016 Palliative Care in Oncology Symposium, taking place September 9-10, at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis. Read the full release.
- Cancer Caregivers Experience Unique Burdens Compared With Those Caring for Patients With Other Conditions
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – An analysis of data from more than 1,200 caregivers in the United States finds that cancer caregivers report a higher burden and spend significantly more hours per week caregiving, as opposed to individuals who care for people with other conditions. Read the full release.
- “Mystery Shopper” Study Finds Barriers to Accessing Palliative Care Services at Major Cancer Centers
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – A team of researchers, using a novel approach, found that while many cancer centers offer palliative and supportive care services, patients may face challenges when trying to access them. Read the full release.
- Early Palliative Care Improves Coping, Quality of Life for Patients With Incurable Cancers
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – A randomized clinical trial found that introducing palliative care shortly after a diagnosis of certain metastatic cancers greatly increases a patient’s coping abilities, as well as overall quality of life. Read the full release.
- Family Caregivers for Patients With Advanced Cancer Often Experience High Levels of Anxiety, Depression
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – A new multi-state survey shows that nearly one-quarter to one-third of family caregivers of patients with high-mortality cancers experience high levels of depression and anxiety symptoms. Read the full release.
- Featured Studies for 2016 Palliative Care in Oncology Symposium Shed Light on Relationship Between Early Palliative Care & Coping, the Cancer Caregiving Experience and Accessibility of Palliative Care Services
ALEXANDRIA, Va. -- Co-sponsors of the 2016 Palliative Care in Oncology Symposium announced today four abstracts that will be highlighted for media. Read the full release.
How Can We Help You?
- Interview Requests
Contact ASCO's Media Team
Please do not send media registration requests to this email address.
- Media Registration Questions
Contact ASCO Media Registration
- General Questions About the Meeting
Contact Kelly Baldwin or Alise Fisher