The embargo on all abstracts part of the 2017 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium has lifted. Information about the embargo policy for the 2018 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium is coming soon.
Attend the Meeting in Person/Participate in the Presscast
To apply for media credentials,* register to attend an upcoming meeting, access embargoed meeting information, and locate presscast dial-in information, please visit ASCO's Media Headquarters. For questions about how to navigate the site, please contact ASCO Media Registration. More information about media registration for the 2018 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium is coming soon.
Access Embargoed Information
Embargoed meeting information will be made available to credentialed media through ASCO's Media Headquarters. Once your media credentials are approved, you will receive email notifications when embargoed information has been posted.
Meet the News Planning Team
2017 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium:
- 2017 Symposium Highlights Notable Research Advances in Genitourinary Cancers
ORLANDO – Five studies exploring key issues in the treatment of genitourinary cancers will be presented at the 2017 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium, taking place February 16-18 at Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Florida. Read the full release.
- In Advanced Kidney Cancer, Antibiotic Use Lowers Efficacy of Immunotherapy
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – A new retrospective analysis suggests that immunotherapy may be less effective in patients who receive antibiotics less than a month before starting treatment. Read the full release.
- Some Patients Experience Long-Term Tumor Control Even After Stopping Immunotherapy Early
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Early findings from a new study appear to challenge the current standard practice for immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy – continuing treatment until cancer worsens. Read the full release.
- Blood Test Uncovers Potential New Treatment Targets in Advanced Prostate Cancer
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Analysis of free-floating cancer DNA from blood samples has yielded leads for new prostate cancer treatment targets. Read the full release.
- 2017 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium Press Program to Feature Research Advances in Prostate, Urothelial, Kidney Cancers
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Co-sponsors of the 2017 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium announced today three abstracts to be highlighted in the meeting’s official Press Program. Read the full release.
- View a recording of the February 13 presscast, featuring three studies from the 2017 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium
- ASCO Photo Gallery
- Cancer.Net: Oncologist-approved patient information.
- CancerProgress.Net: Interactive and downloadable charts and timelines and historical commentary on the progress against cancer