- Media registration opens: Wednesday, March 1
- Hotel reservation deadline: Wednesday, April 26, at 11:59 pm EDT
- Embargoed presscast for media: Wednesday, May 17, 12:00 - 1:30 pm EDT
- Final deadline for pre-registration: Friday, May 19
- 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting: Friday, June 2 - Tuesday, June 6
Media and Embargo Policies
Register to Attend the Meeting
Please note: The pre-registration deadline for the 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting is Friday, May 19. Registrations submitted after this date will not be processed.
Media registration for the 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting is now open. To submit a registration request, please visit ASCO's Media Headquarters.
For further questions about registration, or how to navigate the Media Headquarters site, contact email@example.com.
Please note: Media representatives who are interested in obtaining credentials to cover the ASCO Annual Meeting should submit a request on their own behalf; all inquiries should come from the journalists themselves. Third-party requests for credentials on behalf of journalists are not accepted. For more information, please see our media policies.
If you are a PR professional, please visit our PR Professionals page for registration information.
Access Embargoed Materials
Even if you will not be attending the meeting on-site in Chicago, you can still request access to embargoed meeting information. To submit a request, please visit ASCO's Media Headquarters.
You will be notified via email within two to three business days regarding the status of your request. Once your request is approved, you will have access to embargoed information leading up to and throughout the meeting.
For questions about how to navigate the Media Headquarters site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
World’s Largest Clinical Cancer Research Meeting to Highlight Latest Advances in Patient and Survivor Care
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Studies spanning the spectrum of cancer prevention and care, from immunotherapy and precision medicine to survivorship, will be highlighted in the official Press Program for the 53rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). Read the full release.
Meeting Information and Publications
2016 Annual Meeting Resources
Monday, June 6, "Improving Quality and Access to Care" Briefing
- Watch a replay of the Monday "Improving Quality and Access to Care" Press Briefing
- Mobile-Friendly Web Application Extends Lung Cancer Survival
- Many Patients Younger Than 65 Receive Aggressive Care at the End of Life
- Minority BRCA-Positive Breast Cancer Survivors Appear Less Likely to Receive Preventive Surgery
- Cancer Drug Retail Prices Vastly Different Between Countries
Sunday, June 5, "Immunotherapy and Tumor Targeting" Briefing
- Watch a replay of the Sunday "Immunotherapy and Tumor Targeting" Press Briefing
- New Antibody Drug Conjugate Shows Early Promise in Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Patients With Advanced Bladder Cancer Benefit From Anti-PD-L1 Immunotherapy
- Novel Antibody Helps Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer Live Longer
Sunday, June 5, Plenary Briefing
- Watch a replay of the Sunday Plenary Press Briefing
- Ten Years of Hormone Therapy Reduces Breast Cancer Recurrence Without Compromising Quality of Life
- Elderly Patients With Glioblastoma Live Longer With Chemoradiation Using Temozolomide
- Double Stem-Cell Transplant Improves Outcomes for Children with High-Risk Neuroblastoma
- Novel Daratumumab-Based Regimen Slows Multiple Myeloma Progression
Saturday, June 4, "Precision Medicine" Briefing
- Watch a replay of the Saturday "Precision Medicine" Press Briefing
- Precision Medicine Approach May Expand Therapeutic Options for Patients
- Liquid Biopsy May Help Guide Treatment Decisions for Advanced Solid Tumors
- Innovative Direct-to-Patient Outreach May Accelerate Breast Cancer Research
Friday, June 3, "New Approaches With Conventional Therapies" Briefing:
- Watch a replay of the Friday "New Approaches With Conventional Therapies" Press Briefing
- Adding Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy Slows Ovarian Cancer Progression
- Chemotherapy Combination With Capecitabine Extends Survival After Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
- Biosimilar Shows Comparable Efficacy, Safety to Trastuzumab in Advanced Breast Cancer
- Chemotherapy Improves Outcomes for Certain Patients with Rare Brain Cancer
May 18 Presscast:
- Watch a replay of the May 18 Presscast
- Left vs. Right: Primary Tumor Location Predicts Survival in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Precision Medicine Yields Better Outcomes for Patients in Phase I Clinical Trials
- PD-1 Inhibitor Pembrolizumab Provides Long-Term Survival Benefit for Patients With Advanced Melanoma
- Early Palliative Care Provides Important Benefits for Family Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- Stem Cell Transplant Remains Important for Multiple Myeloma, Even in Novel Agent Era
- 2016 ASCO Annual Meeting Press Program Highlights Advances in Cancer Research, Patient Care
- Watch a replay of the Monday "National Cancer Moonshot" Press Briefing